WHAT ARE THE SERVICES A REAL ESTATE AGENT PROVIDES THE BUYER?
If you have been looking for a house for a while on your own then now is a good time to settle on working with an agent. My fee is paid by the seller through a commission split with the seller's agent. My services cost you nothing. I do not require a written contract with the buyer (as some agents do) until an offer on a property is made. The services I provide include:
• Take you on private tours, showing you properties at your convenience, outside of the public open house
• Alert you to homes as they hit the market instantly sharing relevant listings through the MLS & other sources
• Previewing homes I think you might like
• Help you evaluate the homes you see
• Complete information on the home buying process
• Sharing information with you available only to agents; such as offer terms, property details, etc
• Explanation and direction in preparing the offer paper work
• Help you determine a fair offer price & negotiate with the sellers agent on your behalf
• Recommendations on vendors such as inspector, electricians, plumbers etc.
• Guidance through escrow
LOOK FOR DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE
You can identify available down payment assistance programs in your target home search area with a few simple steps.
- Visit http://www.car.org/aboutus/forconsumers/downpaymentresource/
- Enter a specific property address, or the area in which you are looking to buy. The box to your right will tell you how many match were found based on your criteria.
- Click View programs to learn more about the down payment assistance programs available to you.
WHAT IS ESCROW?
Escrow is a service that provides the public with means of protection in the handling of funds and documents.
Escrow enables a Buyer and Seller to transact business with each other through a neutral party, thereby minimizing their
risk. In escrow, all parties give their instructions in writing to the neutral intermediary, the "Escrow Holder", whose duty
it is to assure that no funds or property will change hands until all terms have been carried to completion. If one of the
parties shown below has not, will not, or cannot provide the documents, reports or funds required the Escrow Holder is
unable to consummate the transactions and escrow cannot be closed.
Learn more with this Chart